Anything Left-Handed > Left Handers Club > Backwards Calendar

Left Handers Club Calendar 2024

Each year we produce a left handers calendar running from right to left as a lot of people seem to enjoy it and ask for it. Like anti-clockwise watches, lefthanders find it a lot easier to read than right-handers so it is nice to confuse them! Use the links below to download the calendar. (click here if Sunday starts your week) Historically, we have called this a “backwards” calendar & whilst this is technically the correct name for it, we understand that there are many with strong feelings against linking “backwards” with left handedness. We are therefore just calling it the “Left Handers Club Calendar” – though to keep the SEO rankings we have left the old description in the links used to access the 2024 files

If you are not already a member of The Left Handers Club, join free now using the form on the home page of our website

Please note that we cannot print the calendar for you and send it by post because of the cost involved.

Use this link to download the 2024 Mon-Sun calendar as an Adobe.pdf format file
(you can open it with the free Adobe Reader).

You may need to Right click the link then choose “Save target as…” or “Save link as…” then you can choose the location to save the file to on your computer.

2024 Calendar with Sunday starting the week

We have had a lot of people telling us that having calendars starting the week on a Monday (which is the normal format in the UK) is not the same worldwide and in the USA and other places it is standard to have Sunday as the first day of the week. See our article about which day starts the week here.

Use this link to download the 2024 calendar with SUNDAY starting the week as an Adobe.pdf format file

(you can open it with the free Adobe Reader software)

Left-handed diary and planner for 2024 – 52 page spiral-bound book

We also have a limited number of the “physical” Left Handed Diary for 2024. It is a spiral-bound diary book that opens from left to right and is tailor-made for us left-handers. To make it easier to use, it features planning pages on the left side of each weekly spread (Monday – Sunday) and on the right, there is ample space for notes along with an interesting fact about left-handedness. The calendar also recognizes the birthdays of famous left-handed people.

Following pressure from us and Club Members, the publishers reversed the printing so that it opens from left to right – the proper direction for us lefties.

52 double-page spreads, one for each week of the year.
Size: 6.25 x 8.25 x 0.5 inches; 16 x 21 x 1.3 cm

Find out more and order your diary

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

219 comments on “Backwards Calendar
  1. Malinda says:

I am a parent of 7 children 2 are left handed, I am also a teacher that has worked with age groups that vary from infant to school age. I have learned that teaching a child that is left handed is only possible when you understand the world is designed for right handed people. My eldest left handed child made me challenge myself and think about why she struggled to read and write. When I once I taught myself to see the world as she does, I was able to understand how their brains function!So many of our kids think they aren’t capable of learning, but the fact is they are really left handed so their brain is working double time in this right handed world!!!

2. Francesca says:

the Sunday week start calendar is still linking to 2018 not 2019

3. Jen says:

Excellent idea for those that need it. I don’t find it hard with a normal calendar, but know for sure, when I read a magazine, I always start at the last page. I just have to page backwards, very frustrating, as what if the article or story commenced on the page before. I’m OK with novels though. Strange.?? Lucky – otherwise I would see the end first. Oh, our left-handed brains! But who of you are very artistic ! I am, as well as my 2 left-handed children. That’s a blessing indeed. Even though we can’t use a vegetable peeler between the 3 of us!

4. G6JPG says:

“(see below for the original Excel versions of the file that you can edit and also for other options)” – I tried, but couldn’t see it!

(I want to make one with a yellow background, since our company’s standard one comes out on yellow card [I could just print it on the back of one of those], and also remove the LH wording, so people don’t realise until they try to read/use it!)

5. Wendy Constantinoff says:

6. Suzie Ridgley says:

Please don’t call this a backwards calendar. It is not backwards to a leftie. Just because righties are in the majority does not mean their way is automatically the only or right way. Please just call this a leftie calendar. It is not at all backward to me.

7. Makaita says:

im really liking the backward calender its dope

8. Christine says:

Dear Keith, My week starts with Sunday because I am a Christian and we celebrate Jesus’ resurrection on the first day of the week which for us is Sunday. See Luke 24 in the New Testament of the Bible.

I’m having problems using a knife for my feet because the blade comes out all the time and I have to use the blade on it’s own which is somewhat dangerous! Do you know of a universal knife? Thanks.

At age 66 I sometimes find it difficult to adapt to left-handed items because I’ve used right-handed ones for so long but am glad they are available esp for children. Thanks for the calendar.
    Christine.

9. Jacqueline Cook says:

I love the calendar….it drives my co-workers crazy trying to figure out the days…keep up the good work.

10. ruaiza says:

The left-handed calendar is so amazing i had so much fun using it ☺

11. Michelle says:

I love this cause I do things backwards ppl say and ever since I was a baby my Uncle has called me crawfish lol I love being a lefty

12. Duncan Pohl says:

Dear Sirs,

I have always enjoyed your Left-Handed Calendars but it has taken me a few years to realize they all have a serious error. While the calendar dates are backwards the spelling of the calendar and the months are not. I think for the calendar to really be a true left-handed calendar, EVERYTHING should be backwards, oops, strike that – everything should run
    Left!

😀

Duncan

13. Lewis Harper. says:

Hi Keith,
    I too like to confuse the Righties.
    I’m a L/H Woodturner. Not sure if I have said this before, but I believe that the Wood Lathe was made by a L/Hander for the Left Handers.
    Reason is that we stand in the centre of The Lathe,to Turn, where as the Righties have the Head Stock to contend with.
    Well that is what I Preach.
    Love It.
    Regards,
    Lewis

14. Leesa Passarelli says:

I’m so excited to be part of this group which I’m sure has amazin, unique, loving people wit awesome personalities!!! Lookin forward to our next lefty adventure lol. Have a fantastic day my brothers & sisters!

15. stefany says:

Surely clocks that circle the other way can be described as going Widdershins?

16. David Duffee says:

Hear Hear Kieth!We do indeed speak English not the American version of English. When American websites start to cater for English clients and start using English terminology ( pavement for sidewalk or boot for trunk, trousers for pants etc ) then ONLY then should we start reciprocating. Whilst our language is adaptable, it should not be subsumed by an, admittedly related, foreign language. Stick to your guns.Love the calendar, it’s so easy to use and confuses all the right handers where I work. David

17. humma' heatherly says:

OMG!!! I just LOVE! the Left-Hander Calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It drives EVERYONE crazy!!! I am the only lefty in my BIG family and they go NUTS w2hen I whip it out!!! THX so much for this!!!! And………Happy Holidays to All!!!! Jingles, Humma XOXO P.S. Know what else drives ’em nuts?!? My birthday is …AUG.13th….YUP!!!!Hee!Hee!

18. Liz says:

Great idea! I might even treat myself to the left-handed planning calendar … thanks for taking care of us “lefties” who are all right! ;o)

19. Catherine McLaughlin says:

Thank you, I look forward to getting this calendar every year. Cathy

20. Anne-Marie Marsh says:

What a wonderful idea! I have copied one in pink for my daughter and 1 each in blue for my 2 leftie pupils. Thank you so much!

21. Chip says:

I love getting my new calendar each year. It’s great when I have an opportunity to have someone look at it with me as I nonchalantly try to pick out a date for a meeting. They always flub their way around for a few seconds then ask me what’s going on. The calendar is even better than when one of our IT guys has to work on my computer and can’t find the mouse because it’s on the left (correct) side of the computer. Thanks from Denver, CO, USA.

22. Bonnie D says:

Thank you so very much for this! I had no idea how hard my brain works until I have seen this. My brain went AHHHHHH!!! Thank you! LOL I ordered the left hander’s desk calendar for my office. I cannot wait to get it. I had one 2 years ago and loved it!

23. Sue says:

Thank you for the backward lefty calendar. The Left Handers Club is a wondrous club to take part in and I’ll be sure to mention to any lefty’s I come across. Keep up the great work and enjoy the Holiday Season!

24. Sigrid Hofmann says:

Dear Left-Handers Club Team,many thanks for your thoughts, activities and input in 2014.When I was a child, I believed, it was just me being “wrong”. LHC helps me in arranging myself in a right-handers-world better and shows good ways of how to make right-handers aware of Lefties’ struggles in everyday life.Sigrid

25. Judy says:

Hi from Beijing, China :)Yay I’ve just got the calendar ^-^ It will be a great fun !Happy new year everyone & unite !

26. Nigel Percival says:

Hi From South AfricaThanks for the awesome calendar ,going to share this my left handed daughter.Left handers fo the world UNITE

27. Glenda says:

Thank you so much for doing this! Righties just don’t get how much we have had to adjust to! I have printed a few to share with fellow lefties.

28. carmen says:

I have shared the calendar with fellow lefties every year, and transformed some of the right wings to read my calendar as well 🙂 thanks for the superbness. when will 2015 calendar be available?

29. Nicky Field says:

Hi Just wondering,if anyone else does this, since I was a small child which was a long time ago, I find writing backwards easier and faster for me, my father used to think it was great and get me to write something so people could read it in a mirror, do u know if there is a lot of other people that is like that, it comes more natural to me ,than writing forward, cheers Nicky

30. Carmen says: